Write a reflection on the knowledge, skills and/or attributes you have gained as a result of your research activities. You can write directly in this space or upload a PDF file of your essay using the ‘file’ block.
What you need to cover:
- Describe your mindset and attitudes prior to your research involvement.
- How did participating in these research activities change or shift your way of thinking, behaving, or communicating?
- Why are your research activities important?
- How will your research experiences impact you in the future?
Formatting for the essay:
- 12-point font, double-spaced, no more than 1000 words
What we DO want in the essay:
- Use the knowledge, skills, attitudes and awareness section for reflection
- Clearly communicate your learning or shift to us (the committee) by using explicit examples
- Proofread essay
- Follow the formatting guidelines that are stated above
What we DON’T want in the essay:
- We do not want a list of accomplishments
- We do not want anything exceeding 1000 words
- Please do not simply repeat events that are evident in the portfolio
Note: All of the above should be replaced with the reflective essay prior to submitting